For the first couple of years of his faith, John Dickson was a passionate promoter of the Christian message.
But after taking an evangelism class, suddenly his joy evaporated.
As he explains, “I had previously delighted in sharing Christ with others, but now it seemed a burden… This enthusiastic, natural promoter of Christ had been transformed into a nervous and unnerving ‘Bible-thumper.’”
Perhaps you long to proclaim and promote the gospel, too, but are burdened by the task.
I’ve got the perfect fall study for you and your friends or small group to help you promote the gospel with more than your lips.
In The Best Kept Secret of Christian Mission Dickson explains “The best kept secret of Christian mission is that the Bible lists a whole range of activities to promote Christ to the world and draw others to him.” (22)
And we’ve made it super easy to better understand and engage this mission.
In 13 videos below, Dickson leads a meaningful discussion using the material in each chapter to help you draw others to Christ with your words and deeds. You can also download a free discussion guide at the current eBook sale, to aid you in your study.
Grab a copy for you and your small group, and start prepping for a fall study today.
13 Study Videos Featuring John Dickson
- Introduction: Confessions of an Evangelical
- Chapter 1: Why Get Involved in Mission?
- Chapter 2: The Challenge of Pluralism
- Chapter 3: The Missionary Mind of the Ordinary Christians
- Chapter 4: Promoting the Gospel with Our Prayers
- Chapter 5: Promoting the Gospel with Our Money
- Chapter 6: Promoting the Gospel through the Works of the Church
- Chapter 7: Promoting the Gospel through Christian Behavior
- Chapter 8: The Message We Promote
- Chapter 9: Evangelists and the Local Church
- Chapter 10: Promoting the Gospel through our Public Praise
- Chapter 11: Promoting the Gospel in Daily Conversation
- Chapter 12: Bringing It All Together